With everything from blogs to books to magazines to videos, and whether it’s for information or for fun, here’s some reading we highly recommend (in no particular order). We update this page regularly, so be sure to check back often!
- Andersons Abroad YouTube Channel: Videos of our family adventures aboard s/v Mobert
- Richard J Anderson: This is the personal page of Rich (Dad) where he posts things that are not necessarily related to sailing.
- Skepsis Technologies, LLC: Our IT and Business Consultancy for Law Firms and small business. We also do some legal work under Skepsis Legal Solutions, PLLC (Wa, Or, and Ca)
- Happily Homeless: A family of 3 embarking on largely the same voyage as us, on their Beneteau Idylle 10.5.
- Homeschool Ahoy: This is the story of a family with two young girls living and traveling (and of course schooling!) on a boat. This blog regularly includes great posts with practical tips and advice about living the cruising life with kids.
- Mid-Life Cruising: Ken and Cheryl are empty-nesters who have yet to begin their cruising adventure. Like us, they’re wondering if the adventure will ever become a reality! But, they’re getting closer with each post.
- Sailing with Totem: Having left homeport in 2008, s/v Totem boasts one of the more experienced blogger-crews out there. As a bonus, the oldest of the three children on board shares his own point of view on his blog.
- Women and Cruising: Regardless of your x-chromosome count, you’ll find this website chock full of excellent advice, ideas, and resources for cruising.
- Windtraveler: It’s cruising, with 3 under 3! They’re doing it, and you can too.
- Voyage of the Rocket Science: 2006 Sailing voyage from Providence, RI to Cork, Ireland in 13 days, 9 hours
- The New Adventures of s/v Rocket Science: The blog of TJ, Jenny, and their dog Baxter who live aboard Rocket Science currently and travel the world.
Just for Fun
- BoatPolls: Exactly what it sounds like. Great for hours of idle boat polling fun.
Support us and support yourself by purchasing some of this stuff we highly recommend. Be sure to check out the various categories on the left, including books and galley.